Please note that only those candidates selected for our pre-screen process will be contacted. Please continue to check back often for newly posted positions. To apply, please fill out the form below.
Summary of Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions:
- Help to oversee food preparation during non-event days.
- Event day shift management, including labor controls, prep levels and food production in the absence of the Executive Chef.
- Ensuring proper dating and labeling of foods for freshness, shelf life and proper food safe practices are being followed
- Have great communication between all areas of front of house and heart of house to provide the best level of service
- Lead, teach, coach, develop and inspire all department colleagues.
- Contribute to performance reviews of employees recognizing areas for development.
- Accountable for the cleanliness of all equipment, counter tops, shelves, fridges and freezers.
- Informing the Executive Chef when product needs to be ordered, while also learning the online ordering system to cover in the absence of the Executive Chef.
- Train and develop department colleagues, setting them up for success.
- Demonstrate professional conduct with all colleagues, with the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Acts as a liaison with front of house, and is responsible for timing and communication with that department.
- Assist the Executive Chef with updating recipe standards and develop new menus and concepts.
- Commitment to the ongoing success of our team
- Enforce a safe work environment for all colleagues and guests by upholding the Safety rules provided by SMG.
- Foster an environment of cooperation within the department, and between other departments within the arena.
- Assist in corrective disciplinary action forms and documentation as needed
- Assign daily workload to achieve maximum labor and productivity
- Completes daily temperature log book
- Assists in putting away Food and Beverage orders in the proper location rotating products when necessary
- All other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Red Seal Journeyman Certificate
- Safe Food Handling Certification
- 1-2 years’ experience as a Leader in a highly engaged kitchen
- Strong Time Management skills
- Have a positive and energetic attitude
- Thrive in a fast paced environment.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to email@example.com with Subject Heading: Sous Chef
• Service delivery of all Food and Bar Services in the Canalta Centre Concession Stands and Portables
• Selling, stocking and managing food and beverage product and services to company standard
• Consistently providing superior customer service during demanding and fast-paced events from hockey to concerts to family shows.
Role Specifications and Abilities:
• Successful candidate will need to work flexible hours for all shifts. This includes, weekends, evenings, and late nights.
• Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written English.
• Excellent attention to detail and customer service skills
• Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
• ProServe is required
• Food Safety Certificate and ProTec an asset.
• Other duties as assigned in particular moving between departments and reporting managers to effectively work collaboratively for the varied and needy events at the Canalta Centre.
•Must be over 18 to work as a cashier.
Please send a copy of your most recent resume to: