Food & Beverage Supervisor
Reporting directly to the Food and Beverage Manager and indirectly to the Director of Food & Beverage, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
· Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Overseeing and continually monitoring the general working of the concession and bars areas
· Diligently maintaining the communication between managers and staff to control and over come any obstacles that may arise
· Being able to keep a professional attitude when dealing with adversity
· Guiding staff to maintain clean and well organized work areas
· Restocking and assisting with in the workings of each concession and bar area
· Assisting the staff with any problems or concerns they may have
· Being the first one in and the last one to leave, making sure all is done properly for set up and departure time
· Following the inventory parameters provided to maintain organization and preparation for events
· 1-2 years in a supervisory role
- · High level of professionalism
- · Strong leadership and adaptability
- · Acknowledging accountability in yourself and others
- · Able to work with a wide range of ages and groups
- · Ability to work on your feet for long hours
- · Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- · The position will require lifting up to 50 lbs. and a lot of walking as you are moving stock and continually moving around to each concession stand
- · Excellent communication skills and problem solving
- · Able to multi-task and overcome adversity
This supervisory role is for all events here at the Canalta Centre, which means most of the work done will be during the later parts of the day. Shifts will generally be 5-11 pm. A bi-weekly supervisor meeting will be held every other Tuesday to review any concerns or plans moving forward.
If this describes you and would like to take on this role please contact Pam Truscott, Manager of Food and Beverage at to arrange an interview
POSITION: Part Time Sous Chef (30 hrs/week)
- Summary of Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions:
Help to oversee food preparation during non-event days.
- Event day shift management, including labor controls, prep levels and food production in the absence of the Executive Chef.
- Ensuring proper dating and labeling of foods for freshness, shelf life and proper food safe practices are being followed
- Have great communication between all areas of front of house and heart of house to provide the best level of service
- Lead, teach, coach, develop and inspire all department colleagues.
- Contribute to performance reviews of employees recognizing areas for development.
- Accountable for the cleanliness of all equipment, counter tops, shelves, fridges and freezers.
- Informing the Executive Chef when product needs to be ordered, while also learning the online ordering system to cover in the absence of the Executive Chef.
- Train and develop department colleagues, setting them up for success.
- Demonstrate professional conduct with all colleagues, with the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Acts as a liaison with front of house, and is responsible for timing and communication with that department.
- Assist the Executive Chef with updating recipe standards and develop new menus and concepts.
- Commitment to the ongoing success of our team
- Enforce a safe work environment for all colleagues and guests by upholding the Safety rules provided by SMG.
- Foster an environment of cooperation within the department, and between other departments within the arena.
- Assist in corrective disciplinary action forms and documentation as needed
- Assign daily workload to achieve maximum labor and productivity
- Completes daily temperature log book
- Assists in putting away Food and Beverage orders in the proper location rotating products when necessary
- All other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Red Seal Journeyman Certificate
- Safe Food Handling Certification
- 1-2 years' experience as a Leader in a highly engaged kitchen
- Strong Time Management skills
- Have a positive and energetic attitude
- Thrive in a fast paced environment.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to email@example.com with Subject Heading: Sous Chef
Or drop off your resume package at:
2802 Box Springs Way
Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada
Food and Beverage Workers
The Canalta Centre is looking to add a few team members to our food and beverage family. We have several exciting openings for energetic, professional, and reliable staff who like to work in a dynamic and unique work environment. Our food and beverage staff get to work as cashiers, line cooks, servers, runners, and bartenders on a team that strongly believes in cross-training opportunities in a fun and changing workplace. We serve events such as hockey games, concerts, graduations, and many more. A job at Canalta is more than just a job, it’s an opportunity to be part of something special.
Email your resumes directly to: Cory Lindstrom
The Canalta Centre is looking to add a few team members to our food and beverage family. We have several exciting openings for energetic, professional, and reliable staff who like to work in a dynamic and unique work environment. We are in immediate need of several experienced bartenders. Our food and beverage staff get to work as cashiers, line cooks, servers, runners, and bartenders on a team that strongly believes in cross-training opportunities in a fun and changing workplace. Although the primary role would be as a bartender on our team, we would like to hire team members who are willing to be trained and work in all areas if the need arises. We serve events such as hockey games, concerts, graduations, and many more. A job at Canalta is more than just a job, it’s an opportunity to be part of something special.
Email your resumes directly to: Cory Lindstrom